We believe in sustainability as a founding value of our business operations: it is a key element in our strategic and operating decisions. At the same time, it is a guarantee of long-term sustainable growth.
We review our Sustainability Plan, as well as our Business Plan, every year to gradually update the objectives we have achieved, evaluate points of improvement and identify new ones. The Plan for the next five years has also taken into account the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) promoted by the United Nations in its global 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development through benchmarking, integration of internal documents and analysis of the most important issues.
We have defined five pillars as base for the group's commitment to social and environmental issues, 14 objectives and 45 short- to medium-term actions. Specifically, the five pillars of our Sustainability Plan are:
- Strengthening and enhancing the company's positioning in terms of sustainability
- Putting the people of Italgas at the centre
- Being recognized in our local area
- Creating value for customers and the gas market
- Contributing to the efficiency and safety of the energy system
By putting the adoption of the Sustainability Plan into practice through ad hoc activities during the year, we achieved 68% of the short- and medium-term objectives we had set for ourselves.
This result encourages us to look positively towards the path of change that has begun and helps us to work more confidently towards long-term objectives.
- Protect and enhance know-how
- Enhance and strengthen corporate welfare
- Enhance female presence in the company
- Improve the accident indices
- Job creation and protection
- Development of human capital
- Welfare and equal opportunities
- Occupational health and safety
ultimo aggiornamento 27 June 2019 03:57 UTC